How to be an explorer of the world #1 - I want candy

07:47

At the start of this school year I could't wait to see the list of books I needed to buy for the first year. Yes, I'm a geek like that. I decided I shouldn't order them all at once, because it was quite expensive. I picked a few that seemed important or interesting. One book immediately caught my attention: "How to be an explorer of the World" by Keri Smit. I was curious, because I already own another book of the same author: Wreck this Journal. I love Wreck this Journal, so I couldn't wait to find out what "How to be an explorer of the world" would have in store for me. In the few upcoming weeks I'm going to explore the book and share my discoveries with you!
The first exercise I'm going to do is #5 in the book and is called "The first thing you see". The assignment is to start a collection based on the first found object you see on your walk, this can be everything! 
It all started with a piece of candy on the sidewalk.. The whole afternoon, the piece of candy made me think about more candy. I decided to go on a serious research: candy-style. (can't help to think about this song all the time) I went to the candy store and filled a whole bag with candy: green candy, red candy, yellow candy, round candy, small candy, big candy, sour candy, sweet candy, do you even know how many kinds of candy exist? I even discovered sugar-free candy (uuh what?!) I took the bag of candy home with me and put it in a bowl. I was still fascinated by the fact that there are so many kinds of candy and I decided I wanted to turn this thought into an image, with the following result:
Doesn't that look perfect? I know it's slightly OCD, but I can stare at this collection for hours. Well, maybe not hours.. I would probably get hungry again. iiiiii want candy!

You Might Also Like

0 reacties

About me

Hi my name is Anouck. I like cats, food, photography and the color mintgreen. This is a blog about the discoveries of an International Lifestyle student.